The SkillGate ‘Traffic Light’ system is designed to make it simple for a single administrator to manage multiple mandatory training requirements for large numbers of delegates. SkillGate 'Traffic Light' is probably the most advanced regulatory and compliance training system in the world.
Why 'Traffic Light'?
Traffic Light was initially developed for one of Europe's leading car manufacturers. The idea of simple red/green summary reports for staff and line managers for obligatory training seemed very appropriate at the time. With the benefit of hindsight, the concept has proved simple and efficient across multiple industries.
The power of Traffic Light is in minimising administrative effort. By ensuring all instructions, and reports are handled in one place, the trainer is free to focus on what training is required - rather than what can be delivered.
Basic features include:
- Allocation of programmes to groups of delegates
- A simple administration dashboard
- Automated programme registrations (Dashboard, Planner, Diary)
- Valid 'til date for automated refresher training
- Cascading Line Manager reports
- Automated delegate reminder and instruction emails.
Advanced features include:
- Programme Integration. Traffic light handles face to face, online, coaching and blended courses
- Auto-synchronisation. Takes the stress out of advanced systems by ensuring they are always up to date
- Look Up. Each Traffic Light system may include a ‘Look Up’ table. The table specifies what programmes are allocated to which job descriptions. The purpose of Look Up is to allow the system to automatically allocate the correct programmes to current users, new starters and movers
- Exemptions. To cope with anomalies on the system (e.g. to exempt the CEO; or new staff on the Induction programme; or people who have completed the programme elsewhere) Traffic Light offers easily maintained ‘history’ files that allow administrators to manage exemptions
- Valid 'til. A common issue with compliance systems is that regular refresher training is required over set periods. This becomes complicated when different delegates have completed the training at different dates, or have exemptions. Traffic Light deals with this automatically.
Integrating with Other SkillGate Products
Traffic Light takes advantage of three related SkillGate LMS standard features. It is advised that the reader reads other relevant sections of the SkillGate LMS Manual for more information on these topics.
1. The Programme Author - Programme Author allows authors to create training interventions in many formats. Programmes can be based on on-line, coaching or face to face training. Authors include time lines including registration and reminder emails as standard in their build
2. Infinity Library - hundreds of pre-prepared compliance courses in professional and organisational areas. Programmes can easily be copied and edited to meet the organisation's exact requirements.
3. Team Manager - gives managers access to the user information for his/her team from the manager's home page 'Team' tab including cascading compliance overviews.